50g butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten lightly
210g can creamed corn
2 medium zucchini, grated coarsely
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
3 medium egg tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 medium avocados, coarsely chopped
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp coriander, finely chopped
1. Combine butter, milk and egg in medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add corn and zucchini; mix well.
2. Heat oil in medium frying pan; cook heaped tablespoons of batter, one at a time, about 2 minutes each side or until browned on both sides and cooked through.
3. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Serve with salsa.
Bible Text: Psalms 31:19
“On, how great is Your goodness, which you have laid up for those who fear you.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
2 cups cauliflower pieces
1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
3 cups corn kernels
28 oz can plum tomatoes, chopped (including liquid)
30 oz canned kidney beans
2 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup tomato juice
1 Tbsp cumin
4 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 1./2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Heat olive oil in a large stew pot, and then add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté another 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and sauté 1 minute.
Stir cauliflower, potato, green pepper, carrots, corn, tomatoes, beans, tomato juice, celery and all seasonings.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer.
Cover and cook until vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes)
Bible Text: Psalms 119:105
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
2 cans (l4oz) canned mixed vegetables, drained
(corn, green beans and carrot)
1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
1 can (14 oz) pinto beans, drained
2 large eggs
4 large shredded wheat biscuits, crushed
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup fine bread crumbs
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Mash first 3 ingredients in food processor or with a fork. Turn into bowl.
2. Mix in next 7 ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes. Shape into 1/2 cup cutlets. (patties)
3. Heat cooking oil in frying pan. Add cutlets and brown on both sides. Add oil as needed.
4. Serve with “MUSHROOM SAUCE” (in cookbook).
Makes 10 cutlets.
Bible Text: Psalms 37. 3-4
“Trust in the Lord, and do good; SO you will dwell in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
3/4 cup dried green lentils
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp milk Biryani curry paste
¼ tsp each, salt and pepper
2 cups small cauliflower florets
1 cup basmati rice
¼ cup vegetable stock
1 cup green peas
¼ cup toasted almonds (optional)
¼ cup raisins
1. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook lentils for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat, sauté onion until golden.
3. Add carrots, garlic, curry paste, salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant – 3 minutes.
4. Stir in cauliflower, rice, raisins & lentils to coat.
5. Add stock and bring to boil.
6. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice & vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
7. Stir in peas and warm through — 4 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bible Text: Genesis 1:29
“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”
1/3 cup water
2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp minced fresh or bottled ginger
1 tsp minced fresh or bottled garlic
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (or cayenne)
1/8 tsp ground coriander
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 14.5 —oz cans chopped tomatoes or (1 large 28 oz can)
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup green beans, cut in 1 —inch pieces (can use frozen)
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (vegit or similar)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place the water, onion, jalapenos, ginger and garlic in a large pot.
2. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cumin, cinnamon, red pepper and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, green beans, vegetable broth and peanut butter.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. Stir in cilantro and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve over rice or other whole grains.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Resting time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes Servings: 6
Bible Text: Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things in him who strengthens me.”
3 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Brewer’s Yeast Flakes
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
3 cups Tofu drained and mashed
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp chicken style seasoning
1. Saute 2 Tbsp of oil, 2 Tbsp water and 2 cups chopped onion until soft.
2. Combine with all remaining ingredients.
3. Stir well and bake in oiled casserole dish at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Bible Text: Psalms 57:11
“Be exalted, 0 God, above the heavens. Let thy glory be over all the earth.”
1 lb Tofu (soft), mashed
2 Tbsp chicken style seasoning
1 Tbsp onion salt
2 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp sage
¼ tsp dill (optional)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cups flour
1. Mix first 8 ingredients together, and then add flour.
2. Blend well together and leave mixture overnight in fridge.
3. Spoon into balls and brown lightly in oiled skillet over medium/low heat.
4. Serve plain or with your favorite sauce or gravy.
Bible Text: Jeremiah 29:11, 12 & 13
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shitake mushrooms, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup bulgar
2 cups of water
2 Tbsp soya sauce
1 bay leaf
1 block firm tofu
2 Tbsp of Miso paste
1 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1. Heat sauce pan over medium heat and add oil. When hot add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
2. Saute until mushrooms lose their moisture and onions begin to caramelize.
3. Add rice, bulgar, water, soya sauce and bay leaf. Cover and cook until the grains have absorbed all the liquid. Let mixture cool.
4. Place mushroom and rice mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Add eggs, tofu, Miso paste, breadcrumbs and seasonings. Puree until smooth.
5. Form into patties and refrigerate until firm. Fry over medium- high heat until golden and cooked through.
Bible Text: Exodus 15:2
“The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father ‘s God, and I will exalt him.”
6 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sage
1 20 oz can vegeburger, chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1. Saute onion and bread cubes in butter.
2. Combine this with vegeburger, cheese, eggs and spices.
3. Put in greased 9”x9”x2” pan.
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Mix ketchup, brown sugar and water together.
2. Pour over loaf and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until it bubbles.
Bible Text: Psalms 37: 4
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, ground in blender
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 garlic clove, chopped fine
2/3 cup walnuts, ground
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup or more breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Bragg’s Aminos (soy sauce repl.)
1 medium raw potato, shredded
1/4 tsp sage or thyme
1 cup nut or soy milk
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Grease loaf pan (small) with cooking spray and pour mixture into it. Cover it with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 45 mm.
3. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 mm.
Bible Text: I Peter 5:7
“Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you.”