6 yellow summer squash
1 cup onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 stick butter
2 slices white bread
1 medium bowl ice water
Salt and pepper
1 cup cracker crumbs (or enough to cover casserole)
1. Preheat over to350 degrees
2. Peel and cut squash into cubes. Boil until tender, 5-7 minutes, and then drain.
3. Brown onion, garlic and parsley in 2 tablespoons butter, season with salt and pepper. Soak bread in ice water and wring out. Chop fine. Add onion & garlic mixture; cook stirring 2-3 minutes.
4. Add drained squash and cooked 2-3 minutes more, stirring.
5. Remove from heat. Beat egg and add, allowing it to absorb into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
6. Place in casserole dish. Cover top with cracker crumbs and dot with remaining butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crumbs brown.
* Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before baking, but you should add the breadcrumb topping right before you bake.
Bible Text: Psalms 136: 26
“0 give thanks to the God of heaven, for his mercy endureth for ever.”
1 large onion diced
4 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dry Italian spices or dry oregano
2-28oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup diced olives or capers
2 cups diced veggies (use your favorites: zucchini, eggplant,
asparagus, green beans, etc.)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend)
1 kg package frozen or refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
1. Cook onion and garlic in olive oil until softened. Add spices, tomatoes, broth, and olives or capers. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thickened a bit.
2. Spray a large (5-6 quart) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add
1/2 of the tortellini, all of the veggies, 1/2 of the tomato sauce and cheese. Cover with the remaining tortellini, sauce and top with cheese.
3. Cook on high for 2-3 hrs or until pasta is soft. The tortellini will cook faster if thawed before cooking. The dish can be assembled in the slow cooker stoneware up to 1 day in advance, and cooked just before serving. Great for potlucks!
4. The same basic casserole can be made with (vegetarian) Bolognese sauce. Just make it “runnier” (more liquid) than the usual consistency.
Bible text: I Corinthians 10:3 1
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 can Primo (Hot and Spicy or Herb and Garlic Sauce)
6 tbsp oil
1 large onion, diced
1/4 cup TVP (Soya) — add water to moisten
1 can drained mushrooms, pieces or whole
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Red Chili Pepper flakes
1. Heat oil in deep saucepan.
2. Add on ion and sauté until softened.
3. Pour in Primo Sauce and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Add well drained TVP (Soya) and mix well.
5. Add spices according to taste
6. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour to infuse flavours.
7. Add mushrooms and garlic cloves and mix well to ensure the garlic flavour has dispersed.
Can be served on warm pasta or with garlic bread as a chili. For added flavour, sprinkle grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
Bible Text: Proverbs 25:2 1
“If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink”
Yves Veggie Chicken Strips (found in vegetarian section of Loblaws)
1 large onion, diced
1 bundle chives, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt, pepper, parsley, red hot chili peppers to taste
Using above ingredients, season chicken and set aside.
6 Tbsp oil
2 1/2 cup rice (long grain)
2 cans pigeon peas (drained)
1 can coconut milk
1/2 red pepper, cut in strips
1/2 green pepper, cut in strips
2 carrots, cut in strips
4 cups water
1/2 Tbsp browning — for color
1. In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat
2. Add seasoned chicken strips and let cook well (approx. 15 mm)
3. Add rice, sprinkle ¼ tsp of salt and stir well
4. Add water, pigeon peas and milk
5. Add browning and mix well to infuse ingredients
6. Cover and let simmer until rice is soft (approx. 30-40 mm) or to desired tenderness, stirring occasionally
7. Add carrots, red and green peppers 20 minutes into cooking.
Serve with green salad and warm bun.
Bible Text: Galatians 5:22-23
“But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law”
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper (optional)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 medium potatoes, cubed
3. Preheat oven to 350° F
4. Grease casserole dish
5. Put all ingredients in the blender in order listed.
6. Cover and run on liquefy. (Do not over blend)
7. Pour mixture in casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.
8. Serve hot.
Bible Text: Joshua 3:5
“……..consecrate yourselves for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.”
1 cup grated Cheddar, Marble, or Colby Cheese
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown bread crumbs, (fresh whole wheat toasted and chopped
in blender or food processor) about 4 slices
2 tsp Vegeta
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cans mushroom soup and 2 cans of water
2 packages of Onion Gravy mix (can use French’s Onion Gravy Mix)
1. Beat eggs together with fork and add other ingredients.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick skilled and fry mixture in small patties — set aside on plate
3. In large saucepan, add 2 cans of mushroom soup and fill both cans with water. Put the water into a blender and add both packages of Onion Gravy Mix. Blend.
4. Pour into pan with mushroom soup and heat on medium heat until boiling.
5. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Makes about 24 patties.
Bible Text: Romans 8: 38, 39
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
4 cups water
‘/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried sage
1 Tbsp dried basil
4 cups rolled oats
1. Place all ingredients, except rolled oats, in a large pan.
2. Stir well and bring to a slow boil over medium-low heat.
3. Stir in rolled oats and immediately remove from heat.
4. Cover and set aside to cool
5. Preheat over to 350 F.
6. Form oat mixtures into 3 inch patties and place on oiled baking sheets.
7. Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
These burgers can be frozen and used as needed
They are good served cold in sandwiches, as well as hot with gravy.
Bible Text: Psalms 29:1
“Ascribe to the Lord, 0 heavenly beings, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.”
1 cup (3 oz) whole wheat elbow macaroni
2 cups cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 tsp butter or margarine, divide
¼ cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 small glove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup lightly packed cheese, grated (Swiss or Gruyere)
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees. Smear a 1-quart casserole with
1/2 tsp butter, set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, cook macaroni according to pkg directions, in rapidly boiling water. Two minutes before end of cooking, add cabbage to water with macaroni, complete cooking macaroni with cabbage.
3. Drain well and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in heat non-stick skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining butter.
5. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in garlic and cook another minute.
7. Stir in flour, salt and pepper, then milk. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a simmer and is slightly thickened.
8. Stir sauce with macaroni and cabbage, and turn into buttered casserole. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 25-30 minutes or until browned.
Bible Text: 3 John
“Tue elder unto the well beloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” “
2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp seasoned salt
4 springs green onions, chopped
2 plum tomatoes
1 bell pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
1. Saute green onions, tomatoes and bell peppers in skillet with a little oil with thyme, over low heat until ingredients are soft.
2. Cool the mixture and blend (in blender) until it becomes a paste. Return to frying pan and add soy sauce.
3. Add oatmeal, stirring on low flame and add 2 Tbsp water.
4. Stir until oatmeal becomes pasty and absorbs all the mixture.
5. Add breadcrumbs and form into patties.
6. Place on greased pans and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Turn over carefully and bake for another 15 minutes.
Bible Text: John 14:1
“Let not your hearts be troubled, believe in God, believe also in me. “
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
400g flat mushrooms, coarsely chopped
200g swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
150g shitake mushrooms, quartered
150g oyster mushrooms, halved
¼ cup red wine
1 cup bottled tomato pasta sauce
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp corn flour
¼ cup water, extra
1/2 cup sour cream
¼ cup loosely packed, coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely
1. Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan, add onion and garlic; cook stirring until onion softens. Add mushrooms; cook stirring, until mushrooms are browned and just tender.
3. Add wine, sauce, stock and water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Blend cornflour and the extra water in a small jug, add to mushroom mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add sour cream and parsley; stir until hot. Serve mushrooms stroganoff with pasta
Bible Text: Psalms 72: 18-19
“Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, who alone does wondrous things. Blessed be his glorious name for ever; may his glory fill the whole earth!”