1 big onion, diced
3-4 carrots, chopped
1 parsnip, chopped
1 Italian parsley root, chopped
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped fine
1 cup frozen peas
2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp tumeric
2 Tbsp chicken flavour seasonings or Vegeta
20-25 cups of cold water
Bunch of Italian fresh parsley
Bunch of dill
2 cups of alphabet or orzo pasta
1/4 head cauliflower (optional)
1. In a big dish slowly sauté in oil the onions, carrots, parsnips, parsley, celery and peas for about 10-15 minutes. Stir often.
2. After 15 minutes, add the tumeric, Vegeta, water and salt to taste.
3. Cover and cook until all vegetables are cooked.
4. In the steaming soup broth, add parsley leafs and dill. You can now add the two cups of pasta and cook 8 more minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let it stay covered. Serve hot.
Cool off the vegetable broth and divide into three equal portions or more. This way you can have fresh soup mix ready in the fridge for every day. Just add the fresh cooked pasta and cauliflower (if using).
Bible Text: Isaiah 40:3 1
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not he weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
1 tsp canola oil
1 (28 oz) can ground tomatoes
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 tsp dried thyme
1 (5.5 oz) tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
3 1/2 cup vegetarian chicken flavoured stock
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1/3 cup elbow macaroni or small shell pasta
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil. Stir until medium brown.
2. Pour vegetarian stock in pot, add dry spices and macaroni, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Add ground tomatoes and tomato paste.
4. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle parsley on top.
Bible Text: Psalms 121:1
“1 will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.”
1 can of soya beans
1 can of crisp corn
Half jar of chopped green olives
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 red pepper, chopped
Juice of a lemon
1. Wash soya and crisp corn.
2. Add remaining ingredients and serve.
Bible Text: Jo!111 3:16
“For God So loved the world that I-fe gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
2 lbs yellow or red or mixed mini potatoes
1 chopped onion
4 garlic cloves crushed (or more)
1. Boil/cook potatoes and reserve.
2. Add all the other ingredients and 1 cup of white vinegar for every 2 cups of water, enough to cover the potatoes.
3. Better if prepared the night before serving.
Bible Text: Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and Ieaii not unto thine own
understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Hi,,,, and He shall direct thy paths.”
2 cups olive oil
1 cup fresh parsely
2 cups fresh basil
1 cup Romano cheese
20 cloves garlic
6 tsp lemon juice
1 cup pine nuts
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
¼ cup butter (optional)
Mix above ingredients in blender.
Add 1 tbsp of pesto per serving of your favorite pasta.
Will keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Makes two 250 ml jars.
Bible Text: John 8:12
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
¼ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp instant vegetable stock mix
1/2 tsp paprika
2 cups water
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp dry onion flakes
1 can (10 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Mix in next 5 ingredients.
3. Stir in water, Worcestershire sauce and onion flakes until mixture boils and thickens.
4. Add mushrooms. Stir. Heat through. Makes a generous 2 ¼ cups.
Bible Text: James 1:2-5
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”
1 large round peasant style bread
1 red or white onion, finely chopped medium
4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 yellow, orange or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped finely
1/2 cup Nicoise olives, pitted and halved
12 basil leaves, shredded
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Tear the bread into large pieces and soak in water for 3 minutes.
2. Squeeze excess water out and place in large mixing bowl.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and toss together.
4. Serve chilled.
Bible Text: Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you, ”declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
2 cups water
1/2 cup cashew pieces or 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil (omit if using nuts)
3 Tbsp soy sauce or GOMASIO
1 Tbsp yeast flakes
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Blend all ingredients on high 2-3 minutes until creamy.
2. Pour into saucepan and cook on medium-high until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Serve over entrée roasts, loaves, potatoes or biscuits.
Yield: 2/1/2 cups
Bible Text: Romans 8: 37, 38 & 39
“Nay, in all these things we are in more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 stalks celery – small dice
1 medium onion – small dice
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
3 cups milk
1 small potato – small dice
1 can 14 oz. creamed corn
1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Sweat celery and onion in butter until they are soft in a medium size pot
2. While vegetables are cooking, microwave diced potato on high for 1 1/2 minutes to partially cook. Warm milk in microwave too.
3. Stir in flour with celery and onion. Mix will. Take off heat, so flour doesn’t burn, return to heat when you add potatoes.
4. Whisk in milk to stir out the lumps of flour. Add potato and all the corn, salt and pepper.
5. Heat at medium heat stirring often until soup is hot but not boiling. Serve.
Bible Text: Psalms 9: 9, 10
“The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refugee in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou Lord, has not forsaken them that seek thee.”
1 butternut squash (cleaned & cubed)
3-4 big carrots, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
2-3 medium size potato (peeled and chopped)
1 cup table cream
Salt by taste
8— 10 cup cold water
1. In a big pot put all the veggies. Add water to cover the veggies and cover the pot and cook till the veggies become soft and tender.
2. Remove from the stove and add salt (by taste).
3. With a hand blender in the pot, blend all the veggies till they turn into a smooth creamy soup.
4. Finally, add the table cream to it. If it is still too thick add some water.
Serve hot with crunchy garlic bread.
Bible Text: Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will he opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.